Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Root Beer Vodka

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ceveret3
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Root Beer Vodka Reply with quote

Hi Forum!

I am very new to the community and this is my first post. Root Beer lover to Root beer lover. Has any every tried Root Beer vodka? There are three brands on the market that I know of

Three Olives

Pinnacle

Smirnoff

Has anyone tried these? They don't sell any of these in NC and shipping is very expensive. Even for a small bottle the total cost can be over $30 While I am a root beer lover I am also cheap. So anyone tried any of these? Which should I get? I am graduating college soon and really want to celebrate Very Happy

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't tried these. Most of the root beer liqueurs aren't that good (and I like liqueurs). If you really want to try it, why not just mix either a locally available root beer or root beer extract with plain vodka?

So heres a tribute toast with root beer in hand to you and the many mugs of suds along your happy trails. --Charles Wysocki, artist and root beer fan, 1928-2002

ceveret3

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Ideal

Garretty
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Root Beer Vodka Reply with quote

They don't sell any of these in NC and shipping is very expensive????

maybe....

Ittiz
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Root Beer Vodka Reply with quote

Smirnoff does a lot of odd flavors. My wife bought Smirnoff marshmallow vodka Razz

I any case I extract Sassafras roots in vodka. I suppose you could make your own pretty easy by only using a small amount of roots. The vodka pulls the flavor out of the root very effectively. You should be able to find Sassafras in the woods of NC pretty easy too.

Steve12
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried Blackmaker Root Beer liqueur it incorporates all the traditional ingredients. Wow. Found it in New Hampshire for 22.00 a bottle and ended up buying five bottles. Very limited distribution. They are part of the pinnacle vodka co.

Steve12

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried Blackmaker Root Beer. It incorporates all the traditional ingredients. Wow. Found it in New Hampshire for 22.00 a bottle and ended up buying five bottles. Very limited distribution. They are part of the pinnacle vodka co.

Ittiz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve12 wrote:
I just tried Blackmaker Root Beer liqueur it incorporates all the traditional ingredients. Wow. Found it in New Hampshire for 22.00 a bottle and ended up buying five bottles. Very limited distribution. They are part of the pinnacle vodka co.

I live in NH, where did you find it at the local liquor store?

Steve12

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is located at the State of New Hampshire Liquior Stores. It is located by itself in a special "local" section where they keep the Vermont Maple Syurp Whiskey by Cabin Fever. I bought my first bottle at the State store in Gilford beside Patrick's Pub (by Laconia airport). I bought the other four bottles at the State store off the 93 in the Welcome Center as you come up from Manchester headed towards Concord.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Blackmaker at Total Wine (chain) in Florida. Not really a sipping liqueur...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Brands All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: