Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

root beer in a keg
 Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon
Root Beer Brand Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: root beer in a keg Reply with quote

Watt's just became available in a keg and is available here: http://store.yahoo.com/soda-pop/wattspartykeg.html

arcticpenguin
Root Beer Freak
Root Beer Freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1919 Root Beer is truly outstanding, and comes only in kegs. I got this response to an inquiry to Schell Brewing Co., New Ulm, Minnesota:

"We make 1919 here as a contract for another company, New Ulm Brewing & Beverage/Arneson Distributing. You'll have to contact them for more information on distributing: arneson@prairie.lakes.com"

(If it's not too late) take this info to a local beverage distributor and they could probably order a keg for you with a couple week's notice.

1919 is exceptional stuff, it's my personal favorite. Because it is found only on tap, it tends to be found only in the North Central states (e.g. Minnesota)

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the online places already mentioned, the best bet for finding root beer in a keg is to check local brew pubs or brewers that make root beer.

AFAIK, IBC has never been sold in kegs. The closest I've seen is a 32oz bottle.

So heres a tribute toast with root beer in hand to you and the many mugs of suds along your happy trails. --Charles Wysocki, artist and root beer fan, 1928-2002

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy, do the people at McCormick know you're this funny?

kwhalen
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: root beer in a keg Reply with quote

I am from Cincinnati however i am a senior at Elon University in North Carolina. One organization that I am in is our Dance Marathon which raises money to benefit Duke Childrens Hospital. For an attempt at advertising and PR, we are doing a couch sit, where we would LOVE to have a keg of ROOOT beer next to us. I have contacted a few different companies, however I tried to email the contact for 1919 root beer and it bounced back to me.
Does anyone have any additional information about retailers/contacts/or the updated contact email below?
Reply here or please email me @ kwhalen@elon.edu!
Also if you're interested in our Dance Marathon, this is our website!
http://org.elon.edu/elonthon/

Thank you for your ehlp!

cpferris
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: root beer in a keg Reply with quote

Couple pieces of info I can share. I had a Sprecher keg in the spring and it was absolutely awesome. I have a home kegerator and we got to enjoy that keg for over 2 months.

I know you can get virtually any Sprecher soda (root beer, orange, cream sode. ravin red) in a keg. Best way to find one is to go to:

http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/distributors.php

Find the one closest to you and give them a call and tell them you are looking for a keg. They'd be glad to hook you up.

Also, I am now in the market for a keg of 1919 Root Beer (which I have never had, but everyone raves about). I traded emails with a lady from Buddy Sodas names Ann Steffl (asteffl@buddyssodas.com) that gave me a list of 1919 distributors in my areas. I would suggest dropping her a note and asking her for a local distributor.

Lastly, if you have a home kegerator, be aware that most kegs of root beer that I have seen require the two prong coupler. Not a sankey couple like most domestic kegs of beer require. You can probably buy one straight from the distributor, or get one online.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me at cpferris@sbcglobal.net

r29475
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: root beer in a keg Reply with quote

daniel wrote:
i live in fl does any one know where i can get a keg of root beer

Did you get an answer? I am asking the same question.... central Florida.

kzce
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

Phone: 1.888.NO.1.SODA

from website:

"1919 Classic American Draft Root Beer is available in 8 and 16 gallon kegs for restaurants and bars and as an off sale package for special events such as graduations, corporate picnics, and special community events. These kegs can be ordered through your local liquor or grocery store.

In some areas retailers may offer 1919 in take home plastic jugs - quarts, ½ gallons, or gallons, or ½ gallon glass growlers for your enjoyment at home."

Soda-MN-Good
Root Beer Freak
Root Beer Freak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: root beer in a keg Reply with quote

1919 can be found in Minneapolis at quite a few of the local grocery stores. they come in a little 5 Liter pony keg with a self tapping system. So you can keep it in any fridge. I just picked one up for $16.88.

As far as other companies that sell in kegs. i had read somewhere that Sonoran has a root beer in a keg, Watt's is in kegs, Virgil's root beer is available in self tapping kegs at most Costco's or have them ship to you http://www.reedsgingerbrew.com/order/virgils_keg.asp

Also in kegs is Sprecher, Thomas Kemper and a few others that are not coming to mind..

LynxError
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: root beer in a keg Reply with quote

check out http://www.indypartyrentals.com/kegs_of_root_beer.html they carry root beer kegs and will ship also

bouncetoyourhouse
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: New Rootbeer Company In Town Reply with quote

they carry Sprechers Root Beer by the Keg
http://www.bouncetoyourhouse.com/rent_root_beer_kegs_and_taps.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Questions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Page 1 of 2

Jump to: