Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can I find an alcoholic root beer?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irishfool
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Where can I find an alcoholic root beer? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am in desperate need of finding out where I can purchase alcoholic root beer. I have recently found out that it does in fact exist, but I cannot find a company that makes it. I live in southern California and have scanned over google and misc websites and have come up empty. If anyone knows where I can purchase it whether it is via store/website/wholesaler, please let me know.

-Thank you for your time
Irishfool

RootJack
Root Beer Fantasizer
Root Beer Fantasizer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Where can I find an alcoholic root beer? Reply with quote

Try searching for "Root Beer Schnapps", or just go to a liquor store and ask.

I am curious as to how someone can be in "desperate need" for something like this. If you don't find it will the mob break your legs? Is it part of a scavenger hunt that you must complete in order to get your inheritance? If you give it to your priest, has he agreed to pardon your sins? Did you find a miracle cure for cancer, and alcoholic root beer is the final missing ingredient?

Of course you could always just buy some delicious RootJack and add some rum like a good pirate would.

darrenct83
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My motto is that if you can't find it in the store than make it yourself. Most beer & wine making stores sell everything you need to make a batch.

steveb
Root Beer Fantasizer
Root Beer Fantasizer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did find a brand...Rock Hard Root Beer from the Huebert Brewing Company in Oklahoma City, OK.
www.huebertbrewing.com
reviews don't sound too promising, but who knows until you try it. Looks like only about 6 distributors nationally, and 3 are in OK.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

East of the Mississippi, Sam Adams made a a "hard" root beer a few years back, but only for 1 summer. The Lion Brewery in Philadelphia also makes a hard root beer. I'll have to ask my high school friend and Tulsa TV reporter to checkout Rock Hard the next time he's in OK City.

So heres a tribute toast with root beer in hand to you and the many mugs of suds along your happy trails. --Charles Wysocki, artist and root beer fan, 1928-2002

HomeGrown
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Where can I find an alcoholic root beer? Reply with quote

Heard of but haven't tried Frank's Alcoholic Root Beer. It got pretty good reviews. http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/franks-alcoholic-root-beer/136652/

Jon
Root Beer Brand Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Sprecher Hard Root Beer Reply with quote

https://www.sprecherbrewery.com/hrb.php

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, Jon. Nice to see you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Questions All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: