Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creamy Root beers
 Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rblover
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Creamy Root beers Reply with quote

I taste a lot of Root beers and so far the creamiest Root beer I have ever tried is A&W. I'm not saying it's bad but it's a good creamy Root beer[/quote]

kink
Root Beer Freak
Root Beer Freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Creamy Root beers Reply with quote

I think one of the creamiest right now is Hanks. They have made the switch to cane sugar and all there sodas have improved. Bulldog and Frostop rate at the top of the creamiest root beers also.

Thanks Kink

spongeharry
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Creamy Root beers Reply with quote

Hi All,I find Mug Root Beer to be quite creamy but it's hard to get hold of in the U.K.The A & W Root beer I can find,tends to be made in Singapore it's quite creamy but towards the end of a can it gets watery.The American Made A&W is creamy and smooth to the end of the can,Sponge.

Stillers
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IBC has a nice, creamy finish.

Stillers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can you find Hank's?

kink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Creamy Root beers Reply with quote

Philly

Thanks Kink

Jon
Root Beer Brand Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Creamy Root beers Reply with quote

Hank's is also available at Wegman's (in Erie and State College for example) and on numerous websites. Just search Hanks root beer.

aruzinsky
Root Beer Connoisseur
Root Beer Connoisseur

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Creamy Root beers Reply with quote

What does "creamy" mean in this context? It can't mean taste like cream because then you would be adding cream to root beer to make it more creamy.

daniel
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Creamy Root beers Reply with quote

Root beer can be sharp, like Barqs, or creamy, like the ones listed, or somewhere in between. It's a mouth feel, not so much a cream flavor.

aruzinsky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Creamy Root beers Reply with quote

daniel wrote:
Root beer can be sharp, like Barqs, or creamy, like the ones listed, or somewhere in between. It's a mouth feel, not so much a cream flavor.

The opposite of "sharp" might be "mellow." The mouthfeel of cream is "fatty mouth feel," but I have never tasted any rootbeer with a fatty mouth feel.

kink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Creamy Root beers Reply with quote

Maybe smooth is a better word than creamy.

Thanks Kink

aruzinsky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Creamy Root beers Reply with quote

kink wrote:
Maybe smooth is a better word than creamy.

Thanks Kink

But, why does everyone here believe that they talking about the same thing? I bet they mostly aren't talking about the same thing.

There is "foamy mouth-feel," but I think the mouth can feel surfactants in the absence of foam. I seem to get a lot of surfactant mouth-feel with Dog N Suds and love it.

daniel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Creamy Root beers Reply with quote

Hey aruzinsky do you think cans and bottles of cream soda are made with cream?

aruzinsky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Creamy Root beers Reply with quote

daniel wrote:
Hey aruzinsky do you think cans and bottles of cream soda are made with cream?

No, they are made with vanilla or imitation vanilla. I bet some people here say "creamy" when they mean tastes like cream soda or vanilla.

rblover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooth is a better word. Creamy for me a a nice soft root beer with foam, not too much, and a short but good after-taste. Not a Rooty taste like a Berghoff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Brands All times are GMT - 4 Hours
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Page 1 of 2

Jump to: