Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strongest Root beer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rblover
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Strongest Root beer Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm a new member so tell me if i make any mistakes. So, i like strong Root beers with a lot of flavor. Sprecher and Berghoff Root beer I think are stronger then A an W and Dog-n-Suds. Do you agree Yes or No and why?

christian_cyclist
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Strongest Root beer Reply with quote

I thought Sparky's was rather "strong" but my taste buds may just be too delicate. Dog's N Suds is just regular root beer. Cute bottle. Fast food taste.

-- Boris

Theyoungfanatic
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Strongest Root beer Reply with quote

Specher is nice n strong also fitz is strong i think. ibc would be great if it wernt so weak

arcticpenguin
Root Beer Freak
Root Beer Freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it depends on what you mean b y "strong." Sparky's is mostly cinnamon, and I downrate it for that. Berghoff has cinnamon as well, but is better balanced.

A&W has vanilla. Saranac has vanilla and honey. But A&W has more of the deep, dark "root" flavor, whereas Saranac is mild.

If you like strong flavors, I would recommend you try:

Rollie's: good deep bass note, contains maple syrup. All-around excellent

Boundary Bay: (on tap only at their brew-pub, Bellinghap, WA) Very dark, strong licorice flavor.

Abita: Drink it cold. Strong spearmint finish.

Ithaca: A hint of juniper

christian_cyclist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Strongest Root beer Reply with quote

I think it is interesting you find Abita "strong". The spearmint flavor was actually quite easy for me to take so I thought of it as rather refreshing than strong. I suppose it's all about personal taste, isn't it?

The best thing to be done here is to simpy buy one or two bottles of each and enjoy every one of them! Smile Then, you can decide for yourself which ones are strong. That's probably the funnest way to go about this.

-- Boris

arcticpenguin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Abita finishes with spearmint, but it starts with a "mediciny" taste, which is what I find much more palatable when cold.

spongeharry
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Strongest Root beer Reply with quote

Hi All,you should try I.B.C I find that's the strongetst of the Root Beers I can find in The U.K,Sponge.

rootbeerfreak
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Strongest Root beer Reply with quote

i think that killer brew has a good strong taste to it but this is only my opinion

arcticpenguin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Strongest Root beer Reply with quote

spongeharry wrote:
I find that's the strongetst of the Root Beers I can find in The U.K

Oh, that's sad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Brands All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: