Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Try It Now and Thank Me Later

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aruzinsky
Root Beer Connoisseur
Root Beer Connoisseur

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Try It Now and Thank Me Later Reply with quote

Mix A&W root beer with 25-50% Big K Red Cream Soda.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always coming up with interesting ideas...thanks, aruzinsky! For those in areas where Big K isn't available, there are a few other red cream sodas available, too.

So heres a tribute toast with root beer in hand to you and the many mugs of suds along your happy trails. --Charles Wysocki, artist and root beer fan, 1928-2002

anthony
Root Beer Freak
Root Beer Freak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is quite disgusting and frankly sacrilegious. shame on you! defiling root beer with that awful, evil cream soda. yuck...

aruzinsky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthony wrote:
that is quite disgusting and frankly sacrilegious. shame on you! defiling root beer with that awful, evil cream soda. yuck...

A&W already defiled its root beer with vanilla. It's like you are accusing me of defiling a prostitute by kissing her.

anthony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aruzinsky wrote:
anthony wrote:

A&W already defiled its root beer with vanilla. It's like you are accusing me of defiling a prostitute by kissing her.

no, no it is all a matter of degree. a little vanilla is fine and a good thing. too much and it is vile.
if you had the analogy the other way, that adding root beer to cream soda would make the cream soda better, that i will agree with. it reduces the excess vanilla. thus the prostitute (cream soda) would be made more respectable by the society lady (root beer).

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are hilarious! The soft drink aisle will now be one of the most exciting in the supermarket...

aruzinsky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthony wrote:
aruzinsky wrote:
anthony wrote:

no, no it is all a matter of degree. a little vanilla is fine and a good thing. too much and it is vile.
if you had the analogy the other way, that adding root beer to cream soda would make the cream soda better, that i will agree with. it reduces the excess vanilla. thus the prostitute (cream soda) would be made more respectable by the society lady (root beer).

Yes, yes, it is all a matter of degree. You are assuming that cream soda has more vanilla than A&W Root Beer. I bet that A&W Root Beer has much more vanilla in it than most brands of cream soda. It says "Made with Aged Vanilla" in big letters on the label and I can taste it. I can barely taste vanilla in Big K Red Cream Soda. Adding it to A&W lessens the vanilla and adds a slight tutti fruity flavor, reminiscent of Hires which is no longer available in my area. You would know this if you tried it.

anthony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aruzinsky wrote:
anthony wrote:
aruzinsky wrote:
anthony wrote:

Yes, yes, it is all a matter of degree. You are assuming that cream soda has more vanilla than A&W Root Beer. I bet that A&W Root Beer has much more vanilla in it than most brands of cream soda. It says "Made with Aged Vanilla" in big letters on the label and I can taste it. I can barely taste vanilla in Big K Red Cream Soda. Adding it to A&W lessens the vanilla and adds a slight tutti fruity flavor, reminiscent of Hires which is no longer available in my area. You would know this if you tried it.

well, i cannot get Big K Red Cream near me but i can get Hires so i have no need to do that. even if i wanted to. which i do not. as cream soda is disgusting so i would never harm the poor root beer molecules by putting them in such close proximity to cream soda molecules.
i also ver much doubt that root beer has more vanilla than cream soda in general. nope, won't buy that for a dollar, sorry.
but you go on and do what you want to do with your drinks, it is a free country (again), so everyone can drink whatever soft drink they desire.

plaintomato
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm... I love a good cream soda. Harder to find than a good root beer.

The other day I mixed a delicious Virgil's Cream Soda with a yummy Natural Brew Root Beer and found that the best of both worlds was not in the mix. It was an extremely mediocre experience. No more mixing for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Brands All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: