Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Root Beer in Chicago

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbfloat
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Root Beer in Chicago Reply with quote

I'm going to Chicago, are there any good root beers out there.

Jon
Root Beer Brand Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Root Beer in Chicago Reply with quote

The following brands should be available around the Chicago area:

Berghoff
Filbert's
Goose Island
Myers Avenue Red
Windy City

centaura
Root Beer Fantasizer
Root Beer Fantasizer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Root Beer in Chicago Reply with quote

I can never find Myers Ave. Red when I'm there, but there is a brewhouse that bottles is own - Roundhouse. Chicago has several Cost Plus World Markets, where I've found Bulldog and Bundaberg at. I've also found Henry Weinhards and Sprecher at some of the local liquor stores.

I believe Cool Mountain is also a chicago brew.

-Centaura

kink
Root Beer Freak
Root Beer Freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Root Beer in Chicago Reply with quote

The last time I talked to the owner of Meyers Ave Red he was not having anyone bottle it for him. Route 66 is back in busines and has a website. Dog n Suds is bottled in Chicago. Gale's root beer is also bottled in Chicago and should be around.

Thanks Kink

Jon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Root Beer in Chicago Reply with quote

That's strange about Myers Avenue Red. I put that on there after verifying on their website that it is still sold there and it gave the locations:
http://www.cripplecreekbrewing.com/retailers.htm

kink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Root Beer in Chicago Reply with quote

I e-mailed him about 6 months ago through his website ( I think Mike Lynn was his name ) and that was the info he gave me about Meyers Ave Red. The 2 bottlers in Chicago that I know of Clover Club and Filberts do most of the contract bottling for small companies. Cool Mountain is bottled in North Carolina but based in Chicago.
E-mail him and see what his progress is.

Thanks Kink

Soda-MN-Good
Root Beer Freak
Root Beer Freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Root Beer in Chicago Reply with quote

I see someone mentioned the Clover Club bottling company, That's another root beer you'll find in Chicago, as well as Triple XXX.

You may also find Grays, Point Premium, Blumers or Millstream.

centaura

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Root Beer in Chicago Reply with quote

Quote:
That's strange about Myers Avenue Red. I put that on there after verifying on their website that it is still sold there and it gave the locations:
http://www.cripplecreekbrewing.com/retailers.htm

Yeah, I had gone to several of the Sunset Foods locations listed last summer, and they didn't have it. I haven't made it to all the locations that they have listed, but I've been discouraged after visiting 4 of them and finding nothing. I drive in to Chicago about twice a month, and I sometimes have oppurtunities to check out places. I haven't exhausted the list yet.

-Centaura

rbfloat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for answering my question. I'll have to fill up while I'm out in Chicago

rblover
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also find: IBC,Stewarts, Sprecher, Dog n Suds

musicfan2222
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Root Beer in Chicago Reply with quote

Just 2 blocks West of Desplaines Ave on Roosevelt Rd. in the Suburb of Forest Park there is a liqour store which has a large selection of root beer for sale. Also, check the route 66 web site, as their is another place outside of Chicago on the old route 66 in Berywn which sells that root beer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Brands All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: