Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone Know Where to Buy Non-carbonated Root Beer and Sodas?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedDawnRocker
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Anyone Know Where to Buy Non-carbonated Root Beer and Sodas? Reply with quote

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy non-carbonated root beers and sodas either online or in stores in the Northeastern MA/Southeastern NH region.

I was diagnosed with a health problem where the Dr. told me to stay away from all carbonation and caffeines, after sticking to milk, water and juice for 5 yrs the craving for soda (especially rootbeer in classic and float form) never went away.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by both me and my sweettooth for root beer Very Happy. Thanks Very Happy .

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not aware of any RTD (ready to drink) root beer that isn't carbonated. However, you could mix root beer flavoring with regular water, instead of carbonated water.

Also, most root beer brands do NOT contain caffeine. However, there are a very few brands that do, most notably Barq's (but not Diet Barq's...).

So heres a tribute toast with root beer in hand to you and the many mugs of suds along your happy trails. --Charles Wysocki, artist and root beer fan, 1928-2002

RedDawnRocker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Know Where to Buy Non-carbonated Root Beer and So Reply with quote

Thank you Kevin Very Happy Do you know any root beer flavorings that taste good? As I mentioned I'm all new to this and not sure what to buy. My favorite root beers before my health problems were A&W and Stewart's.

Last edited by RedDawnRocker on Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find Sprecher's syrup (extract plus sweetener - including honey). It's pretty good.

There are also a number of other extracts available. Check the root-mart (click shopping on the menu here) to find some.

RedDawnRocker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Know Where to Buy Non-carbonated Root Beer and So Reply with quote

Thanks again for the help Kevin, I'll check that right out and cross my fingers Very Happy

Root-BeerBlogMan
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Know Where to Buy Non-carbonated Root Beer and So Reply with quote

RedDawn,
You're going to have to make it but that's easy!
Zatarain's is a good extract, available online.
Find some good water, nice sweeteners and go for it. The basic recipe for Root Beer, using most estracts is:

1/2 Tablespoon Extract
8 Tablespoons Sugar--(I prefer to use the word sweetener as you can mix and match using a combo of honey, mollasses, sugar, etc)

Add Water to equal 1 QT.

or

2 cups Sweeteners
1 cup water
1 tablespoon root beer extract
64 ounces water

Mix well and serve.

Root-BeerBlogMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Know Where to Buy Non-carbonated Root Beer and So Reply with quote

It just dawned on me that when I was a kid, way back when, we drank non carbonated Root Beer from a powder mix by Wylers. My memory is saying that I enjoyed it, but it isn't soemthing I have seen in any store for decades. Perhaps someone makes a powdered Root Beer flavoured drink mix? Kool AId used to make one, too as I recall. Perhaps someone out there still does on a regional basis?

Simmer
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get packages of root beer drink mix through flavor-aid it comes in bi-lingual packaging and it is 11 cents per pack. I am copying the info from a email I recieved from where we purchased it. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We do manufacture Root Beer Fla Vor Aid in Bi-Lingual packaging. It is available for purchase directly from us at .11 cents per packet, with a 25 packet minimum.Send a check or money order, stating which flavor you are ordering to:

The Jel Sert Company
P O Box 261
West Chicago, IL 60186

their email addy is www.jelsert.com

Hope that helps you, does anyone have the fudge recipe for rootbeer fudge that use to be on back of kool aid packs in the 60s.

Wrench
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Know Where to Buy Non-carbonated Root Beer and So Reply with quote

I just got this from the company today 5-5-2010

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding ourĀ Fla Vor AidĀ brand products.

Unfortunately, the Root Beer flavor has been discontinued.

Comments from our consumers are greatly appreciated and enable us to continue to manufacture high quality products as we have done for over 80 years.

Sincerely,

The Jel Sert Company

bulldog
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Know Where to Buy Non-carbonated Root Beer and So Reply with quote

Bud's Homemade Rootbeer has the best non-carbonated root beer I have ever tasted. You can visit their website www.budsrootbeer.com and contact them, I have found that they are extremely nice folks; I'm sure they will accommodate you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Questions All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: