Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thinking about opening a dedicated root beer store

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elf86
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Thinking about opening a dedicated root beer store Reply with quote

I have an idea of selling EVERY brand of root beer currently brewed in America. Instead of a liquor store, it's a root beer store. It seems like a good idea but I dunno. I would open in a high volume area (Chicago, for example), keep it small and manageable, and create a deal with a local diary so I can sell floats. Just root beer and nothing else. Is there a place like this somewhere in America? If not, how would I do it? Suggestions please. This is not a joke. I can't find a job so I may as well create my own just as our parents and grandparents did. I want to do something different.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several stores that focus on root beer in California, Oregon / Washington, and maybe Arizona. Most also sell other soft drinks, even if they focus on root beer (and have root beer in the name).

I'm not aware of any in the Chicago area.

So heres a tribute toast with root beer in hand to you and the many mugs of suds along your happy trails. --Charles Wysocki, artist and root beer fan, 1928-2002

elf86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Chicago Reply with quote

The windy city has a large distribution center that once held about 70+ root beer brands. But that is about all I know. These stores in the west coast that focus on root beer, who are they? I'd like to gain their advice

aruzinsky
Root Beer Connoisseur
Root Beer Connoisseur

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These days, specialty stores are typically online stores. A strictly brick and mortar specialty store can't compete with online specialty stores.

For example, I recently refurbished my greenhouse using hexagonal head stainless steel screws. Some kinds were available at Menards, but, most kinds had to be purchased from online stores. Suppose that you opened a strictly brick and mortar store with all kinds of screws and nothing else, what do you think your chances of financial success would be?

And, let me remind you that diet soft drinks sweetened with aspartame are perishable. They lose their sweetness after several years at room temperature and sooner at higher temperatures.

Tyzard
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Root Beer Fan Reply with quote

There is a chain of root beer retail stores in Colorado called Rocket Fizz which sells individual bottles of root beers from around the world. They typically have about 150 different kinds on hand and allow you to mix and match for a 4-pack or 6-pack. Greatest store on earth.

Don23
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah root beer is the best selling kind of wine in America. Apart from root beer have you decided about Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! brands you are going to sell? I think you should sell only the best brands. What do you think?

elf86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Don23 Reply with quote

What tyzard mentioned in an earlier post is what I had in mind. To sell as many brands as there are in current production. I could have the big brands in tap, some smaller unknown brands available for taste tests to the public, and set up an account with a local dairy company and have root beer floats. I would definitely over market the Hires brand. That one should make a major comeback in my opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Questions All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: